John H. Morehead Memorial Scholarship
The family of John H. Morehead is pleased to announce a scholarship in the amount of $5,000 to a current college student who is planning to continue his or her education at a four-year college or university for the 2021-2022 school year.
The requirements for the scholarship are as follows:
- The applicant must be a graduate of a Richardson County high school.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university.
- The applicant must have a cumulative college GPA of at least 3.0, having completed the first year of study at the 4-year college or university.
- Graduate students are not eligible.
- The applicant is required to submit all application materials by May 1, 2021.
The scholarship shall be awarded based on the following criteria:
- The student has proven that he or she is capable of hard work and sustained achievement through academics, work history, and involvement in activities and organizations,
- The student’s goals regarding college and life after college show evidence of good character, sound ambition, and service to others.
The scholarship application is available in the Falls City High School, Sacred Heart School, and HTRS Public Schools guidance counselor offices, or by emailing Kristine Hansen-Cain at firstname.lastname@example.org