College Planning Bulletin
A monthly college planning guide for Nebraska high school students
What you need to know about…scholarships!
Most scholarships are based on academics, but others are based on community service, school involvement, or talent. Some are based on financial need as determined by the results of your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
Here’s where you can find scholarships:
- ScholarshipQuest at EducationQuest.org features over 2,000 Nebraska-based scholarships. After you create a profile, you’ll be matched with scholarships that fit your criteria.
- Your school counselor’s office. Visit regularly to check on local and national awards.
- The college you plan to attend. Contact the school for a list of scholarships they provide and application procedures.
- National search sites such as College Board, Peterson’s and Chegg.
- Other resources could include your coach, clubs and organizations, and your parents’ employers and civic organizations.
Click here for more details about scholarships and tips to help you complete a successful application.
Follow us on social media and you might win a $500 scholarship!
Follow EducationQuest on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and you’ll get more than important college planning information…you might win a $500 Get Social Scholarship!
How it works
Each time EducationQuest reaches specific follower milestones on our social media pages, we’ll invite current and new followers to enter into a drawing for a $500 scholarship. We’ll conduct a:
- Facebook drawing when we hit 7,000 followers
- Twitter drawing when we hit 3,500 followers
- Instagram drawing when we hit 1,000 followers
EducationQuest will continue to award $500 Get Social Scholarships each time we reach an additional 500 followers on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Click here for more details.
February “To Do” List
___ If you haven’t already, complete the FAFSA.
___ Expect financial aid award notifications from the colleges you listed on your FAFSA.
___ Apply for scholarships.
___ Start preparing for the ACT. Here are test-prep resources to consider.
___ Register by February 9 for the March 10 SAT.
___ Register by March 9 for the April 14 ACT.
For free help with college planning, contact EducationQuest Foundation:
Omaha Lincoln Kearney Scottsbluff
402-391-4033 402-475-5222 308-234-6310 800-303-3745 ext. 6654
888-357-6300 800-303-3745 800-666-3721
Your Journey to College Begins with Us